The road in front of Tam Kong Temple is named Avenida de Cinco de Outubro to commemorate the Portuguese Republican Revolution on 5 October, 1910. Largo Tam Kong Miu lies at the southern end of the road. Heading north of Tam Kong Temple, which was founded by the fishing population during the reign of Emperor Tongzhi of Qing dynasty (1861 - 1862), is the Public Library (Coloane Library) constructed in Portuguese architectural style. Further north of the one-storey Library is the building of the Mutual Aid Association of Workers of Coloane, founded on 20 December 1958. Largo Eduardo Marques sided by Portuguese-style arched arcade lies on the way northbound, with a Portuguese restaurant operating under its northern arcade and a Chinese restaurant under its southern. The Church of So Francisco Xavier , built in 1928, stands at the eastern side of the Largo (Square) and the “Commemorative Monument for Victory over Pirates in 1910” is erected at its western entrance.