The Macao SAR Government Headquarters was established in 1849, and was designed and constructed by the reputable architect Jos Aquino. Originally it was the private residence of Visconde do Cercal, and was rented to the Portuguese administration of Macao in the 1870s in the 19th century. In 1881, the Portuguese administration of Macao purchased the residence in a public auction, and used it as the Macao Governor's official mansion. Since then, it has become the work place of the former Macao governors. After Macao’s return to its motherland, this building became the Macao SAR Government Headquarters.
Address: Largo de Santo Agostinho, no. 1A, Macao
Bus route:M179_S. AGOSTINHO, M181_P. LOBO VILA
Going to next stop: 25 minutes’ by bus